Thursday 5 January 2017

We're Engaged!


We Got Engaged! 

So, we got engaged on Christmas Eve whilst in Disney World Florida. We are very excited to be spending the rest of our lives together and so are our families. Dave's family were particularly ecstatic and decided to throw us an engagement party! 

Of course, I took the opportunity to make my own engagement party invitations. 

I have gone for a cream gatefold card with simplistic flowers and string to tie the card together.


I just love my Altenew Vintage Roses and Flowers stamp sets. You simply stamp in layers creating realistic looking flowers and leaves. 




I used a stylish calligraphy looking stamp that read 'Time To Celebrate' which i found appropriate. 





I stamped the back with a 'Made With Love' stamp that I had lying around. I'm not sure what brand this stamp belongs to but i know i bought it from The Range. I just love the look of the stitched circle and butterflies and i feel that the words 'made with love' are extremely appropriate considering how loved up i am with my new fiancé. 




For the invitation part i used Avery Elle's You're Invited stamp set. I simply set up the stamps how i wanted them and then used my Misti Stamping Tool as i had 20 invitations to make! 

I die cut 20 stitched rectangles on plain cream cardstock and stamped onto that. I then stuck the insert into the gatefold card using my roller glue from Crafters Companion.


Overall, I love these invitations, they are classy and subtle and definitely my style. Our guests love them as well!

Products used:

2x 10 pack of ready made gatefold cards and envelopes - The Range

Misti Stamping Tool - Oyster Stamps

Altenew Vintage Roses AND Vintage Flowers Stamp Sets - Seven Hills Crafts

Avery Elle 'You're Invited' Stamp Set - Seven Hills Crafts

Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles Dies - Seven Hills Crafts

'Made With Love' Stamp - The Range 

Stitch and Sew String in a Storage Jar 30m Cream Colour- The Range 

No comments:

Post a Comment